Monday, August 15, 2011

Discover DJ – new toy


This right here is Ion’s Discover DJ Computer DJ System that retails for about $110. I’ve had my eyes set on these since last year and thought it would be something good for my arsenal. I know what y’all are thinking, yes it looks like a toy and yes its not really that accurate, and yes its for minor/newbie DJs. I don’t disagree with you, but then again I do not call myself a DJ nor even dream of becoming one. I for one just needed something that can do the job that I needed it to do, simply just blend and a little bit of scratching, looping, droppin mixes. This is one that will definitely come in handy with a lot of visual projects that will be coming in the near future. But I did not want to fork out $100 for it only to be disappointed. So I kind of forgot about it…

Until yesterday while shopping at Toys R Us and I bumped in to this stack with an awesome price tag.


Do you see the price of this thing? Now tell me how in hell could you pass up on this deal? So I took it home, and immediately tried to play with it. I also started to reflect on my research on this from last year. I started to do more research on it and checked the YouTube vids and seen people’s comments on it. Yes, I agree with a lot of them vids and at the same time amazed at what some people or DJs can do with it.

Here’s an example of one and this happens to be the best one that I’ve seen so far.

Real talk, for the price compared to its capability… I say its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment